Wednesday, August 20, 2008

20082008 (Indy Pen Dance)


Title is little confusing ...u must be thinkin wat a crazy guy i am ....if u observe it closely u wud know the real meanin....ok i know u gave up already so here it is....20.08.2008 this is todays date and it is cool number like this 20082008...heheh lol...some people already started scolding me ..lol...


and the remainin part of the title is being continued here....

2 questions
1. Wat is Independence?
2. How much independence do u have?

Let me answer the questions myself first

1?People mostly think we got independence from Britishers and living happily…but in my case I say its like goin from one part of slavery to another.. Let me explain...Once in India we used to work under british who made ours lives sucked …then 1947 we got independence ….virtually…then we started to work under ourselves…wow.. lovely… then the poverty of everything started to occur …even money is being earned by rich people and wer as the poor gets even poor …and now we work under IT information technology …50% people employed in India work for IT and they work for 14 hrs a day this we don’t call as slavery we say its awesome …we get a pay of 50k or 1lakh /month we r very happy…I call the whole process of independence goin from one stage of slavery to another….don’t get me wrong just givin my thought...

2? I have bucket full of independence…just kidding buddies..to the point I have soooooooooooooooooooo much independence at home as well as work place…let me finish befor u think I am just dragin the thing…
At home I have all my family members soo caring that their love makes me independent..At work everyone has given me care and friendship I fell I like I am at home…
There r always situations wen I feel I am dragged into something without me knowing wer I loose my independence …and these days the situation is just worst…(don’t know wat to do to avoid this part)..and there is always one person who tries to get ur freedom from u and hope not to loose it always..
Those r my answers and I know they r not as good as anticipated but just gave a brief description how I felt at the moment wen posting this…
Some Points to add up……


a) The freedom of gals in this country has become so cool that they change boy friends as if they r changing their hair color…

b) The freedom of boys is soooooo worst that there r more cheaters then IT professionals in here…

c) While writing this I remembered a saying by Gandhi(Father of nation) “if a gal comes (steps) out of the house at the stroke of midnite and free to roam then the real independence to the country has been achieved…”
Poor guy if he comes bac from the dead and see’s the way the country is ..and the way gals roam around at nites ..he will return bac to the dead with a heart missing…;)…
This is just a view I felt to write and I love my country more then anything and want to remove all the bad culture and poverty …hope I had some message in my post…hope dint bore u all..


Urs..hemu…waiting for ur answers…and comment abt my answers…

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with the Gandhi part:) as they say there is always other side to the coin and there are still millions of women and men, say people who don't know what freedom of expressing oneself in this way this feels like.....freedom to live be like....We atleast just slog and slave in IT, but have the freedom to say it!

Anonymous said...

as u wanted here goes my comment
infact it made me remembera articleI read a few days ago written by a general who is heading the peace forces in darfur
he lost about 20 best men in his batallion and he wrote the political situation in darfur and how peace keeping has lost its meaning with no hope for peace.....and what international community can do.....to the situation .....he says that staying anylonger in darfur is tough for these forces with no adequate resources
the people don't even have a basic access to food, and shelter there he really had written a heartwarming record of what is happening there.........
then everything else seems just as a simple problem......quite bearable....when freedom to survive is taken away......we know how valuable our freedom of 60 years is.....
. actually I wanted to mention in my comment that....in some countries..even blogs are censored
I mean right now
our chat and blog
could be sliced off..and we would be fighting for our net connections to be intact......
:)
they don't even have this kind of freedom....somehwere....youtube is censored .......everything , everythought is censored.....can we think of a place where we would be slapped for thinking and saying what we like..........

Sameera Ansari said...

Those were some good pointers.It's not to do with freedom of the nation,it's more about the freedom of one's heart and mind.Our choices and priorities really set us free,or keep us bound for that matter.

SMRITI said...

Ahem Ahem...

"a) The freedom of gals in this country has become so cool that they change boy friends as if they r changing their hair color… "

Independence for me is all about being able to voice my opinion without fear of anything under the sun...freedom to be myself...

How much Independence I have?? As far as voicing my opinions, as much as I can have....of course I dont yet have freedom frommy mom's nagging to tidy up my room of course :P I'm not Independent to leave my room dirty you see :P

I agree on the Gnadhi part...u been watchin Munnabhai Part 2 by any chance?? :P

Hemanth Potluri said...

thnks aparna....wat u said is true...there r some countries wer they censor everything....and todays post of Jessica i saw that itunes is banned in china....wat a freaks they r....

urs..hemu..

Hemanth Potluri said...

sameera its true bounding is the main part of the freedom...and truly agree with it yaar...

thnks...

urs..hemu..

Hemanth Potluri said...

@smriti


lovely dolls u have very awesome freedom :P....just kiddin nice comment btw..

urs..hemu..

Hemanth Potluri said...

@smriti


***dont yet have freedom frommy mom's nagging to tidy up my room of course

this is little difficult freedom to have...:P

urs..hemu.

V. Archana said...

hmmm.... ya, u r true with the gandhi's part ;)
but i would also go with what sameera has told about freedom :)
good posting,yaar!

Cinderella said...

I totally agree with Sammy. Its all in the head...if only we could set our hearts free, then freedom is achieved.

But like they say,

"Man is born free but everywhere he is in chains."

A very thoughtful post Hemanth. We have one thing in common btw...the feedom at home n office. I love my office though it pays me a lil less than what others are willing to. But I dont wanna give up my freedom for a few more bucks just yet.....

How are you ?

Keshi said...

Good post Hemanth!

Personal Independence is quite 'dependent' on each individual.

Keshi.

Priya Joyce said...

yes dear you hav a messange in your post frnd.

some of ur points r very good like the one of Gandhi ji.
Yes u r rite we still need to get freedom from poverty

But these things exist in those countries which hav never been ruled over.
At least now we are free frm the colonial rule.
But I wud say tat the impact has still not gone completely the divide and rule policy still exists.

Anwesa said...

well,u hav seen how girls change preferences,boys seem to b bullied by various factors u'v mentioned..come 2 d gr8er part..do u kno how insecure we hav bcom-irrespective of our gender,we don't feel safe in our own country..u hav started ur post well,but i don't think u hav paid justice to d topic..newez,if ur wise,don't take my comments uderwise...keep blogging..

Jessica said...

Good post Hemu. Independence, in my opinion, is being able to express what you want to express, and do what you want to do without fear of persecution, and harm.

Hemanth Potluri said...

@archana

thnks buddy..

urs..hemu..

Hemanth Potluri said...

@cindy

thnks buddy

Man is born free but everywhere he is in chains

this saying has a lot of meaning yaar...it express the difficulties we face even wen we think we r free..:(..

urs..hemu..

Hemanth Potluri said...

@keshi...


thanks yaar...hugs..

urs..hemu..

Hemanth Potluri said...

@priya

thnks...

u r rite abt it..in some aspects its wrong...but nice way of thinkin...

urs..hemu..

Hemanth Potluri said...

ANWESA

thnks yaar..i know it was good at the begining and little boring but had to cut to make it short more then lenghty...


urs..hemu..

Hemanth Potluri said...

@Jessica...


thnks yaar...and i totally agree ...the person who is able to express himself is totally free..

urs..hemu..

Hemanth Potluri said...

@cindy

i am totally fine yaar wat abt u how r u doin...hoz everyone and everything...

urs..hemu..

Cяystal said...

:)

Thanks for inviting me hre

yamini meduri said...

hey hemanth
good post yaar..found it interesting..

BUT HAVE SOMETHING TO POINT OUT...
i dont think all the girls that free enough as to change their boyfrnds as their hair color. there are girl who are struggling in the clutches of the systems like DOWRY, INEQUALITY, POVERTY, MAD LOVE etc. there are many girls who are finding it hard to live because of the harrassment fomr the parents, frnds, teachers etc. do we call it freedom???

coming to the point of Gandhiji..it is tru but with a small correction...Gandhiji will never leave his heart in a country like this...not only Gandhiji..may it be Subhash Chandra Bose(who lost his life in the search of a good way to creae the country's army) or may it be Bhagat Singh(who sacrificed his life at a very young age so as raise the influence of freedom in the heart od the then young Indians)...none of them wil leave their hearts here.
what will Gandhiji wear when there is no life for Khadi?? so, no question of Gandhiji coming....what will Bose feel for the army when there are not many people interested in protecting the country??? whom shud Bhagat Singh come for when his Bride(FREEDOM) has changed it nature???

now noting the point of the people working in the IT sector, it is compeltely true. for wat our ancestor fought so hard...we are doing it again...i think no need to explain it any more(as u did it already)

our country is afected by many diseases like poverty, illiteracy, corruption, inequality,politics, terrorism and wat not... everything..may be these are the diseases which dont have any cure in the existing system.

AND WE CALL IT INDEPENDENCE...AND SO I AGREE TO IT AND SAY I AM FREE TO EXPRESS MY VIEWS

C.Savitha said...

Okay this is pretty serious stuff coming here. Independence according to Tagore may have been a state where the mind is without fear, and may have approximated to complete freedom tempered by reason and feelings. According to Gandhi, it may refer to the state of affairs when a woman is able to walk alone in the middle of the night without any fear. The curious thing is, once we decide to be free and independent, the element of fear is also introduced. Maybe because we are now on our own. More on this later. But I feel true independence is when you make your own choices and decide by yourself why you want to be what you want to be. This with absolutely no kind of control on your final decisions. Now this is some food for a debate, in case anybody notices!
One line from Batman Forever really struck me. Towards the end when Batman says that I am now Batman because I choose to be that, not because fate has destined that for me! [something to this effect]