Thursday, February 21, 2008

give me a break (GoodBye Letter from a Employee in Wipro)


Hi,

Every one will have certain goals and objectives to achieve in their life and I'm no exception. To pursue those goals I've decided to quit Wipro and continue the journey with another company and today is my last working day in Wipro. I would like to thank one and all for the co-operation though I must say my experience here is terrible mainly because of few persons and the working culture.

I've joined Wipro thinking of a good career ahead and was shocked to see the unprofessional working environment here. I've never come across such a working environment so far. The work place always used to remind the fish market because of termites like Raghupathy Rajeshwar Nuka, K.T.R.B Sarma and few others who liberally shout at every person, uses filthy language, crack adult jokes at the work place, openly flirts and what not they can even go to the extent of threatening people by saying they can throw them out of the company as if Wipro is their own company and can make the place a hell. And there are some people like Raj Komaravally, Hari Kumar C.K. who can give the statements like "I believe only in my managers and I don't need to meet any one below the level" and "management always supports managers". They can go the extent of giving generic statements like " in Wipro politics are more important than projects and Wipro works like this" and if you want to continue, you have to mould yourself and become dirty and unprofessional like us. It was very unfortunate that I've come across this kind of unprofessional persons here in these 8 months. The icing on the cake is Anu Pentareddy who does not even know how to behave with the resources, and never receptive and listens to the concerns of the resources and she is the resource manager for the horizontal and all she can do is to threaten the resources. And the worst part is nothing will happen and change even if you raise your concern in the so called ombudsprocess. Kudos Wipro, no one can find such a pathetic working environment like yours anywhere in the IT industry.

Anyways all said and done, people like me may not fit into this kind of working environment and my sincere suggestion to the HR is please conduct trainings in behavioral management for all the managers and to most of the persons with red and green tags. In my sojourn here I'm fortunate enough to work with Srikanth Natarajan, Shyam Challapalli, Rakesh Kotla and few of my development team who all are very supportive.

Thanks!
Ram

No comments: